VR Music Video Development Part 4: Scripts, Final Touches, and Missed Opportunities

With the main bulk of the assets, animations, shaders, and etcetera done, all that was left was to get some code to make it all work. I searched up ways to create a script that allowed me to change the scene at certain points to the song to match up with the feeling each segment gave. As well as that, I added a simple script to make sure the audio of the music video would continue between scene changes throughout the viewing.

Overall, I enjoyed the project. I had a hard time starting out due to all the errors I got trying to make my project VR compatible, but once I got past that hurdle, I had fun creating it.

If I were to redo my project, I probably would add more complex animations. I had a hard time creating blended animations beyond those used for the VR hands, as well as animations that lead from one into another. Beyond that, I would also have liked the make the scene transfers better, perhaps by looking up a way to fade in and out of scenes instead of having a sharp cut with each load.

At least that’s something to try on the next project!