Perfect Holiday Destination Development Part 4: Scene Creation and Neon Signs

I had planned for my scene to have heavy overall lighting, and as such, I needed plenty of ideas for neon signs to create to fill up my scene. Most of the ideas I ended up using stemmed from video games, movies, and other forms of media I personally enjoyed. I had a bit of trouble porting my method of creating the signs to work using Arnold rendering. However, after some trial and error, I created a method utilizing the emission quality in Arnold materials, and mesh lights. Throughout the project, I plan to add more and more signs to the scene to create a vibrant lighting effect hopefully.

You can also see in the picture above that I began creating a more in-depth scene for the overall project, trying to replicate the same sort of vibe Khao San Road gives off whenever I visit there. For now, the buildings are plain compare to the more sophisticated one I worked on separately, but I plan on adding more elements to them, as well as give them specific UV textures for all the elements they have.